This past week I had the privilege of speaking with friends at CLG Consulting, the leading firm and true masters in creating positive business change through behavioral management. We spoke briefly about the importance leadership behavior in bringing out the greatness in employees and thereby in our organizations.
We know that leadership is important, but what is the difference between good and great leadership?
- Great leader facilitate the behaviors necessary to reach our goals.
- Great leaders create clarity of purpose.
- Great leaders keeps us aligned to the purpose and the customer values.
- Great leaders encourage behaviors that drives success while discouraging behaviors that get in the way of our success.
- Great leaders urge us to believe in ourselves and the value we bring.
- Great Leaders empower, guide and get out of the way of our individual and collective magic.
As I thought about these traits I was reminded of a video that showed so many of the characteristic and results of great leadership, in action.
Please Note: you will need audio turned up to hear the audience participation.
Take a look:
Are we striving to create clarity and cohesiveness? Are we facilitating the right behaviors?
Great Leaders can make things happen that we never thought were possible.
Committed to XCL